I like this one as the tech involved looks/comes across about as novel as a spinning top, but the effect it creates (“proper” 3d display) is really quite novel. You wouldn’t want to put your hand too close to it, though….
This blogMy thoughts about targeting, psychology and data - all things that drive my company, Cognitive Match.
- No public Twitter messages.
- What does Microsoft need to do to make Windows Phone 7 succeed? February 21, 2011Alex KelleherAgree, Microsoft now has some pretty great products:- Windows 7 (successful but just accepted as standard)- XBOX (successful, but somehow not seen as Microsoft)- Bing (getting better, gaining adoption)- Windows Phone 7 (great, but people see it as uncool, so unwilling to try)They are unrivalled in the enterprise areas they operate in, and still […]
- What is a Facebook "Like" worth in terms of lifetime value (LTV) of a customer? What is the monetary value of a "Like", both in terms of customer acquisition costs and LTV? February 21, 2011Alex KelleherAside from Taco Bell valuing a facebook like as 1 Beef Taco (http://www.computerworld.com/s/a...), I would echo a lot of the answers here that hedge their bets based on two key things:1. The value of an action for each business/vertical2. The attribution of an actionFor 1 - the 'same' facebook like might be worth $500 of lifetime value […]
- What could possibly be the next big innovation in image search? January 18, 2011Alex KelleherGoogle should re-enable face recognition (disenabled for privacy reasons). Face.com has the technology too, but no-one has enabled it for the simple purpose of recognising individuals. When I see that person whose name I just can't rescue from the tip of my tongue, I should be able to take a pic, and get Google/Bing/Face.com to tell me who […]
- Who do you think are the very best startups mentors in Europe? January 18, 2011Alex KelleherEileen Burbridge (White Bear Yard) - few people do as much, for as many (invested or not). Having her on your side is a secret weapon for any startup she chooses to supportSee question on Quora […]
- Should I choose TweetDeck or Seesmic? January 17, 2011Alex KelleherTweetdeck, though sadly not available for Windows Mobile 7 yet - seesmic is (although the platform needs a refresh so that live updates are supported...)See question on Quora […]
- What does Microsoft need to do to make Windows Phone 7 succeed? February 21, 2011
Formspring – ask me!